Job Type: Full time
Location: Highland Park
WHO WE ARE //
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in East Hollywood with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. In a city full of “Tex-pats” but with few truly Texan restaurants, HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana’s roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recent recipient of the KCRW “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first and tacos second. And we’re hiring nice people!
THE GIG //
As a Service Team Member you provide the guests with an exceptional experience by implementing HomeState’s standards of service, product quality and cleanliness. Every member of our team strives to create an environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
THE OFFER //
By joining HomeState, you’re becoming a member of a dynamic team. In addition to a nurturing environment, in which you’ll be able to grow as we grow HomeState offers competitive hourly rate, health insurance, and delicious family meal!
THE FINE PRINT //
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as a service team member.
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Follow all HomeState standards and ensure that you are serving guests the highest quality of products, that you are delivering the best customer experience, and that you are living the HomeState mission in every guest interaction.
- Constantly communicate with other coworkers as outlined communication guidelines and communicate with honestly, integrity and transparency.
- Comply with Department of Health regulations and HomeState GMP sanitation standards when performing cleaning tasks, preparing food and serving beverages. Follow uniform and hygiene standards.
- Operate a touchscreen point of service, answer guest phone calls and carefully and effectively handle money transactions.
- Display a strong knowledge of our menu and general HomeState information to guests over the phone and in person.
- Troubleshoot product and equipment issues that occur on-site to ensure an efficient flow of operations.
- Manage time efficiently during your shift by following checklists and direction from your supervisor.
- Work closely with other service team members to support each other through daily tasks, promote teamwork and a healthy culture.
- Think boldly and bravely to shape a positive impact on ones’s self, family, neighbors and team members.
- Ensure storefront, service and kitchen areas are clean and appealing to guests. Take pride in your work each day to make things a little better than they were yesterday.
- Constantly organize, and maintain customer areas and service areas.
- Serve as an ambassador, both internally and externally.
- Fully understand and exhibit the HomeState culture, embodying our mission, visions and core values.
1-2 years in restaurant industry preferred.
- Food Safety Certification required.
- Personable and enjoys working with guests and a diverse team.
- Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
- Availability to work weekends, day shifts and evening shifts.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds