Job Type: Full time
Location: Sherman Oaks
HomeState is growing and we would love for you to grow with us! As noted in our mission statement, one of our primary goals is to create a space where everyone is valued. One way we can ensure our team is valued, is to create pathways for you to advance your career in hospitality.
THE GIG //
As a Service Team Lead you’ll oversee the day-to-day operations of a HomeState storefront along side your store’s Service Manager and be responsible for supporting and developing all service team members to exceed operational goals.
THE OFFER //
By joining HomeState, you’re becoming a member of a dynamic team. In addition to a nurturing environment, in which you’ll be able to grow as we grow HomeState offers competitive compensation, health insurance, and delicious family meal! (Starting rate is $17.50 plus tips which bring an hourly average to $24 – $27)
THE FINE PRINT //
The Service Lead provides the guest with an exceptional experience by enforcing HomeState’s standards of service, product quality and cleanliness. The Service Lead is responsible for adhering to the Company’s operational and service procedures, while maintaining a pleasant work environment with the Service team. This position embodies the HS mission with every team, guest and vendor interaction.
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Follow all HomeState standards and ensure that you are serving guests the highest quality of products, that you are delivering the best guest experience, and that you are living our mission in every guest interaction.
- Communicate with other team members, and other departments of HomeState via phone and email throughout the day to day operations.
- Comply with DOH (Department of Health) regulations and HomeState GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards when performing cleaning tasks, preparing food and beverages, and working behind the counter. Follow Company dress code and hygiene practices and standards.
- Check POS for inventory counts, resolve guest issues, follow shift lead cash handling procedures and complete required communication.
- Proper and timely communication of pertinent information using the proper channels.
- Prepare the store for opening or closing as per shift lead schedule. Ensure opening and closing checklists are completed with preciseness on ConnectTeam app.
- Relay menu knowledge and company information to employees and guests.
- Troubleshoot any and all product and equipment issues that occur on-site with help of the Home Office team.
- Manage time efficiently on shift by following checklists and monitoring employee breaks and attendance.
- Work closely with other service team members to support each other through daily tasks and promote teamwork, always thinking about areas for improvements.
- Assist the management team in completing company goals.
- Ensure storefront, service and kitchen areas are clean and appealing to guests.
- Constantly organize, and maintain guest areas and service areas.
- Fully understand and exhibit the HomeState ethos, embodying our core values and mission. Serve as a brand ambassador, both internally and externally.
- 1-2 years in restaurant industry with guest facing supervisory role required.
- Food Safety and RBS Certification required.
- Personable and enjoys working with guests and leading a diverse team.
- Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
- Availability to work weekends, day shifts and evening shifts.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds