Job Type: Full time
Location: Los Angeles
WHO WE ARE //
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in East Hollywood with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. In a city full of “Tex-pats” but with few truly Texan restaurants, HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana’s roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recent recipient of the KCRW’s “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first, tacos second. And we’re hiring nice people!
HomeState is currently hiring for the position of Service Manager!
THE GIG //
As Service Manager you’ll assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of your HomeState storefront and be responsible for supporting, managing, and developing service team members to exceed operational goals.
THE OFFER //
By joining HomeState, you’re becoming a member of a dynamic team. In addition to a nurturing environment in which you’ll be able to grow as we grow. HomeState offers competitive compensation, a robust benefits package inclusive of health insurance, paid vacation, and all the HomeState you can eat!
Salary range $65,000 – $75,000 annually based on experience. Plus $5k signing bonus is approved with a year commitment and paid after completion of 90 day probation period.
THE FINE PRINT //
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as Manager as well as some of the prerequisites we’d expect for this leadership position.
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Ensure smooth day to day operations of designated store. Foster and promote HomeState’s culture and mission while upholding service standards.
- Monitor, measure, respond and correct any guest incidents with warmth and hospitality.
- Coach, guide, develop and support your team to provide exceptional guest experience.
- Address and resolve all guests issues at the store level, on social media in coordination with the marketing team and through any other company communication channels.
- Fully understand and exhibit the HomeState ethos, embodying our core values and mission, and serve as an ambassador both internally and externally.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT
- Provide ongoing feedback and establish performance expectations.
- May assist the General Manager with hiring, interviewing, training and conducting disciplinary actions.
- Manage team environment and provide timely response to team needs.
- Handle payroll and scheduling. Anticipate schedule changes based on store needs and and ensure all staffing levels are met while meeting budget. Manage attendance, call outs and tardiness.
- Maintain 100% compliance with all relevant policies, EEO, labor, HR, wage and food safety laws and regulations.
OPERATIONS AND SALES
- Monitor food inventory and adjust pars to eliminate waste and avoid 86’ing items.
- Meet financial goals, such as but not limited to revenue, labor cost, COGS, etc.
- Be knowledgeable with troubleshooting restaurant equipment issues to avoid the use external technicians when necessary.
- Comply and enforce DOH regulations and HomeState GMP sanitation standards when performing cleaning tasks, preparing food, and serving beverages Follow and lead uniform and hygiene standards.
- Attend and lead manager meetings and participate in routine management calls. Transition goals into action items that will positively impact store performance and culture.
- 3-5 years in restaurant industry with guest facing management role preferred.
- Manager Food Safety Certification required.
- Personable and enjoys working with guests and leading a diverse team.
- Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
- Availability to work a minimum of five days per week. Extended hours and/or a sixth day may occasionally be required. Weekends, day shifts and evening shifts may be required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds