Job Type: Full time
Location: Playa Vista
WHO WE ARE //
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in East Hollywood with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recent recipient of the KRCW’s “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first and tacos second. We are hiring nice people!
THE GIG //
As a member of the HomeState team you provide our guests with an exceptional experience by implementing HomeState’s standards of service, product quality and cleanliness. Every member of our team works to create an environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
THE OFFER //
By joining HomeState, you’re becoming a member of a dynamic team. In addition to a nurturing environment, in which you’ll be able to grow as we grow. HomeState offers competitive hourly rate, health insurance, and delicious family meal! We share tips equally with the service and kitchen team.
Average rate per hour in the kitchen is $22 with tip share.
THE FINE PRINT //
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as a member of our team.
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of HomeState.
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, griddles, fryers, combi ovens, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even reheating/cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats & vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Opens & Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- 1-2 years in a food industry/customer service facing job preferred.
- Personable and enjoys working with a team..
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (6+hours per shift)
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
- Passion for food, and hospitality - big plus.