Job Type: Full time
Location: Culver City
- Restaurants are fun (it’s like throwing a party everyday)!
- With base rate plus tip share, it’s reasonable to expect to earn $23-$25 per hour.
- Refer a friend, get $500*
- Free tacos – even on your days off.
- Retirement savings option.
- Stick around for a while – we have retention incentives.
- Affordable health, dental & vision benefits*
- 100% company paid life insurance*
- We create an environment where everyone with respect and dignity.
- We value honest, intentional and transparent communication.
- We listen, learn and lead with compassion.
- We encourage you to be yourself.
- Advancement opportunities available.
- Community engagement – HS plays a positive role in community.
- Slip resistant shoe program.
- Check out our Instagram!
You gotta be kind!
WHAT’S IT LIKE WORKING AT HOMESTATE//
- Work with other kind people
- Make other people happy
- Enjoy free tacos
- Relish in the flexibility that the hospitality industry provides…we encourage you to pursue your passion, with us or otherwise.
WHO ARE WE//
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in Los Angeles with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana’s roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recipient of the KCRW “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first and tacos second. And we’re hiring kind people!
HomeState is currently hiring for the position of: Kitchen Team Lead (PM Shifts)
THE FINE PRINT //
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as a kitchen team lead.
Base rate per hour projected to be $19.
With tip share it is reasonable to expect to earn $23-$25 per hour.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Ensure the implementation of a correct “food production schedule” for each department and for each crew to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of employees’ working schedule.
* Work with KM to ensure that each vendor order is placed for the next day based on the par levels.
* Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of products to comply with set standards.
* Minimize waste and maximize thorough usage of food through careful ordering, proper and well-organized storage, and use of recipes. Review the “waste/spoilage log” and document as needed.
* Manage the kitchen during an assigned shift and ensure compliance with all standards of best practices.
* Ensure that safety standards and sanitary requirements are met each and every day.
* Spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintaining a level head, and delegate kitchen tasks simultaneously.
* Confirm items received are the correct item, weight, temperature, brand and specification as outlined by the leadership team.
* Uphold purchasing and receiving standards to follow protocols involving the handling of PO and invoices.
* Maintain proper staffing levels, minimize overtime, manage shift change breaks, 10 minute and 30 minute breaks taken with applicable within outlined meal break policy.
* Assist in controlling food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, restaurant and employees on how to handle food items.
* Maintain strict adherence to health department sanitation and food handling guidelines
* Maintain effective communication within the kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems with the KM and GM.
* Maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff and other departments.
* Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled events and projected levels of business.
* Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
* Maintaining impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards in the workplace is incredibly important for all team members, and the Kitchen Lead is expected to set an example for the Kitchen Team. Ensure that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to the uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
* Ensure sanitation and food safety procedures are being followed, see health department standards and expectations list.
* Ensure proper kitchen equipment maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
* Generate and maintain a daily journal with End of Day shift notes.
* Work to maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff
* Work closely with other team members to support each other through daily tasks, promote teamwork and a healthy culture.
* Actively collaborate with service team to ensure the best possible guest experience, this includes assistance with packing orders, running food, or other duties as needed.
* Take pride in your work each day to make things a little better than they were yesterday.
* Fully understand and uphold the HomeState culture, embodying our mission, visions and core values.
* Attend weekly department meetings to ensure all functions will be executed accurately.
* Submit and review invoices from purveyors for accuracy.
* Assist in development and training of the kitchen team.
* 1-2 years in a kitchen leadership position.
* Food Safety Certification required.
* Personable and enjoys working with guests and leading a diverse team.
* Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
* Availability to work weekends, day shifts and evening shifts.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
* Ability to lift 25+ pounds
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
*Eligibility for some benefits may be dependent upon average hours worked and/or length of employment.