Job Type: Full time
Location: Los Angeles
- Restaurants are fun (it’s like throwing a party everyday)!
- $75,000-$85,000 annually
- Refer a friend, get $500*
- Free meals – even on your days off.
- Retirement savings option.
- Stick around for a while – we have retention incentives.
- Affordable health, dental & vision benefits*
- 100% company paid life insurance*
- We create an environment where everyone with respect and dignity.
- We value honest, intentional and transparent communication.
- We listen, learn and lead with compassion.
- We encourage you to be yourself.
- Advancement opportunities available.
- Community engagement – HS plays a positive role in community.
- Slip resistant shoe program.
- Check out our Instagram!
You gotta be nice!
WHAT’S IT LIKE WORKING AT HOMESTATE//
- Work with other nice people
- Make other people happy
- Enjoy free tacos and queso
- Relish in the flexibility that the hospitality industry provides…we encourage you to pursue your passion, with us or otherwise.
WHO ARE WE//
In 2013, native Texan Briana Valdez opened HomeState, an ode to Texas cuisine in Los Angeles with the mission of evoking community and creating a home for everyone, no matter where they are from. HomeState represents the integrity, history, and culture of Briana’s roots.
HomeState aims to create a dining experience that goes beyond the food. The way our guests feel at HomeState is the true mission of our efforts. HomeState exists for everyone. The price point, casual vibe and portability of the food allows the restaurant to flex to the needs of many. HomeState is a recipient of the KCRW “Best Tortilla in Southern California” award.
No matter where you’re from, HomeState is your home away from home. A space where every person feels welcomed and valued. We serve hospitality first and tacos second. And we’re hiring nice people!
HomeState is currently hiring for the position of General Manager!
HomeState offers competitive compensation ($75,000-$85,000 annually) a robust benefits package inclusive of health insurance, unlimited paid vacation, and all the HomeState you can eat!
THE FINE PRINT //
We know there’s more to an individual than can be expressed on a resumé. See below for a sneak-peak at some of the responsibilities you’d hold as a service team member.
* Ensure smooth day to day operations of designated store. Foster and promote HomeState’s culture and mission while upholding service standards.
* Monitor, measure, respond and correct any guest incidents with warmth and hospitality.
* Coach, guide, develop and support your team to provide exceptional guest experience.
* Address and resolve all guests issues at the store level, on social media in coordination with the marketing team and through any other company communication channels.
* Fully understand and exhibit the HomeState ethos, embodying our core values and mission, and serve as an ambassador both internally and externally.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TRAINING DEVELOPMENT
* Lead staff development and succession planning. Provide ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conduct performance reviews.
* Responsible for store hiring, including interviewing, training and taking disciplinary actions.
* Manage team environment and provide timely response to team needs.
* Handle payroll and scheduling. Anticipate schedule changes based on store needs and and ensure all staffing levels are met while meeting budget. Manage attendance, call outs and tardiness.
* Maintain 100% compliance with all relevant policies, EEO, labor, HR, wage and food safety laws and regulations.
* Manage staff incentives, including but not limited to programs such as employee of the month or internal contests.
OPERATIONS AND SALES
*Track sales against budget, execute strategies for increasing sales, while maintaining communication with the team. Manage and track voids, discounts, and any financial inconsistencies.
* Monitor food inventory and adjust pars to eliminate waste and avoid 86’ing items.
* Meet financial goals, such as but not limited to revenue, labor cost, COGS, etc.
* Be knowledgeable with troubleshooting restaurant equipment issues to avoid the use external technicians when necessary.
* Comply and enforce DOH regulations and HomeState GMP sanitation standards when performing cleaning tasks, preparing food, and serving beverages Follow and lead uniform and hygiene standards.
* Attend and lead manager meetings and participate in routine leadership calls. Actively engage in the agenda and transition action items to positively impact store performance and culture.
* 3-5 years in restaurant industry with guest facing management role preferred.
* Personable and enjoys working with guests and leading a diverse team.
* Passion for food, hospitality, and providing an exemplary guest experience.
* Manager Food Safety Certification required.
* Availability to work a minimum of five days per week. Extended hours and/or a sixth day may occasionally be required. Weekends, day shifts and evening shifts may be required.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time (6 or more hours per shift)
* Ability to lift 25+ pounds
HomeState embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Please note that job duties are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
*Eligibility for some benefits may be dependent upon average hours worked or length of employment.